2 cups hazelnuts, toasted and skinned (see Tip)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make Hazelnut Cookie Recipe
- Position 2 racks as close to the center of the oven as possible; preheat to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Pulse nuts and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Salt in another large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whites into the nut mixture. Add vanilla and gently but thoroughly mix until combined.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoonful 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Gently transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. When the baking sheets are thoroughly cooled, repeat with the remaining batter.