1/2 cup Grated coconut
5 Green chilies
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 Cup Snake gourd Sliced into 11/2″ length pieces
1 Cup Cucumber Sliced lengthy into 11/2″ length pieces
1 Cup Yam Thinly sliced into 11/2″ length pieces
1/2 Cup Long runner-beans sliced into 11/2″ length pieces
1/4 Cup Carrot Sliced into 11/2″ length pieces
2 Drumstick cut into 2 length pieces
3 tablespoon Coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 Raw bananas sliced into 11/2″ length pieces
Raw mango pieces
Salt to taste
How to make Aviyal
- Grind coconut with green chilies and cumin seeds in paste and keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a thick bottom vessel, add vegetables and cook it on a low flame without adding water.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Put bananas and mango pieces in cooked vegetables and cover the vessel.
- When steam comes out, add the coconut paste and stir well.
- Remove from fire and garnish it with curry leaves .