How to make walnut palm cake:
- In a bowl beat the butter and the shortening very thoroughly till the mixture is creamy.
- Then add sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat till very light.
- Now add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Now add 2 cups flour alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Finely add 1 cup flour containing salt and baking powder.
- Add in the finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour this mixture in a pan which has been lightly greased and flour.
- Bake this pan in cold oven on middle shelf and turn on the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let the pan baked for 1 1/4 hour and then take out the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan on wire rack.