1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1-3 Green Chilli (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 cup Cooked Peas
1 Tomato (finely chopped)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves
How to make Baigan Bharta
- Smear the Brinjal with oil and roast it on a medium flame.
- Turn upside down when lower portion becomes soft. Keep on rotating until it gets roasted properly.
- Remove from the flame and submerge it in a bowl containing cold water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadhai.
- Add onion and green chilli and fry on a medium flame till onions turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt.
- Fry the masala for a minute and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes become soft.
- Now add peas and mashed brinjal.
- Stir properly and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Baigan Bharta is ready.
- Serve it garnished with chopped coriander leaves.