1 cup Toovar Dal
1/ 4 cup Coconut (grated)
1 Onion (chopped)
3 Red chilies
1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1 Green Pepper (cut into pieces)
2 teaspoon Channa dal
1 Tomato (chopped)
1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste
1 Pinch hing
3 teaspoon Dhania seeds
Pinch of turmeric Powder
3 teaspoon Salt
How to make Sambar
- Wash toovar dal and boil it with 3 cups of water.
- Fry chana dal, hing, dhania seeds and red chilies for few minutes.
- Add grated coconut and fry again.
- Grind the mixture with sufficient water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry green peppers.
- Boil vegetables, tomatoes, tamarind paste, turmeric and salt in water.
- Add to it the mixture of third step and cook again for 5 minutes.
- Add boiled dal to it and again boil it.
- Meanwhile fry the mustard seeds and onions.
- Add the above contents along with coriander leaves to the mixture and mix well.
- Sambar is ready to serve.