1/2 cup Grated coconut
5 Green chilies
1cup Cucumber Sliced lengthy into 11/2 length pieces
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1cup Yam Thinly sliced into 11/2 length pieces
1/2cup Long runner-beans sliced into 11/2 length pieces
1cup Snake gourd Sliced into 11/2 length pieces
2 Drumstick cut into 2 length pieces
1/4cup Carrot Sliced into 11/2 length pieces
1 Raw bananas sliced into 11/2 length pieces
Raw mango pieces
3 tablespoon Coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
How to make Lady Finger Kichadi
- Grind coconut with green chilies and cumin seeds in paste and keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a thick bottom vessel, add vegetables and cook it on a low flame without adding water.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Put bananas and mango pieces in cooked vegetables and cover the vessel.
- When steam comes out, add the coconut paste and stir well.
- Remove from fire and garnish it with curry leaves.