1/2 kg Potatoes
2-3 Green Chilies
100 grams Arrowroot
1 Coconut (grated)
1-2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Cardamom Seeds
1-2 teaspoon Sugar
Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Kachori
- To make covering, first boil and mash the potatoes. Mix it with 50 grams arrowroot, salt and knead it into stiff dough.
- To make filling, mix the grated coconut with crushed green chilies, sugar, lemon, cardamom and salt.
- To make kachori, take a small portion of the dough and pat between palms to make a small puri.
- Now stuff this puri with coconut mixture and form into a ball. Repeat the process to make rest of the kachoris.
- Douse the balls in the remaining arrowroot and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Aloo Kachori is ready to eat. Serve hot with chutney.