250 grams pigeon pea divide (arhar dal)
1 teaspoon ghee
1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
2 teaspoon sugar
4 -6 green chillies
Salt to taste
3 medium raw mangoes
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
How to make Tauk Dal
- Wash, take off and cut the mangoes into 6-8 pieces lengthwise.
- Wash the dal and boil with 4 cup of water.
- Mix in turmeric and stir.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Mix in raw mangoes, green chillies and salt.
- Stir fry till the time the mangoes are soft but not mushy.
- Mix in sugar and stir.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai and mix in onion seeds.
- When they stop crackling pour out this over the dal.