500 gm potato
1 tsp salt
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp sesame seeds
2-3 curry leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4th tsp asafetida
2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yogurt
vegetable oil for deep fry
- For the aloo
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise.
- Deep fry potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds,asafetida,curry leaves,sesame seeds,cashewnuts to the oil and mix.
- Then add potatoes to it and keep aside.
- Add red chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,salt and currants and mix.
- Itâ€™s ready to serve.
- For the puri
- Place the flour in mixing bowl with the salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and gradually stir in yogurt, mix well to form a supple dough.
- Add water if needed.
- Knead the dough for 7-10 minutes until it is soft.
- Leave it for 20 minutes to get more soft.
- Make balls out of this dough.
- Roll out each piece on the well floured surface into a big circle (usually it will be bigger than a normal poori)
- Heat oil in a Kadhai or wok (frying pan).
- Deep-fry the pooris in hot oil for a minute, turn the side and fry till it is puffed and golden in colour.
- Repeat this process until all the pooris are made.