12 Bacon slices
2/3 Cup margarine
2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
7 Cups milk
1 1/4 Cups cheddar cheese, shredded1 Cup sour cream
4 Large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 Green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon Salt
How to make Baked Potato Soup
- Place bacon slices in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat till brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- Baked Potato Soup is ready.