2 cups Badam
1cup Seviya (Vermicelli) broken into 4 cm bits
5 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted blanched pistachio, silvered
1/3 cup almonds (sliced)
Silver or gold papper (varak)
1/2 tablespoon rose water
How to make Seviya Kheer
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan over medium heat and add seviya and fry till golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Pour the milk, sugar, almonds, pistachio and stirring constantly bring to boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the milk is slightly thickened.
- Cool to room temperature, add rose water and chill thoroughly.
- Stir well and serve the vermicelli pudding in individual bowls with a piece of silver or gold paper (varak).