2 cups All Purpose Flour
1-1/2 tablespoon Rice flour
2 tablespoon Curd
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom (powdered)
3 cups Sugar
2-1/2 cups Water
1/4th teaspoon Baking powder
Ghee or Vegetable oil for frying
How to make Jalebi
- Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder, curd in a bowl.
- Mix well, add water and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
- Whisk thoroughly before use.
- Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Just before the syrup is ready add cardamom powder.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai.
- Pour the batter in a steady stream into the kadhai to form coils.
- Make 4-5 at a time.
- Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the sugar syrup.
- Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
- Jalebi is ready.