1 kg Carrots
1 litre Milk
1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
2 tablespoons Pistachios
3/4 cup Water
2 tablespoons Almonds
3 tablespoons Ghee
450 grams Sugar
2 tablespoons Raisins
How to make Gajjar Ka Halwa
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.