1 cup brad (moong dal washed) dal
1 cup onions, sliced
1 tablespoon coriander finely chopped
2 cloves1 bayleaf
1 stick cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoon oil
Salt according to taste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to make Sukhi Daal
- Clean, and soak the dal for 15 minutes.
- Boil in the pressure cooker with 5 cups water, adding turmeric and salt.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the spices.
- Allow to splutter, add onions. Stir fry till light brown.
- Add dal, lemon juice, masalas. Stir gently. Take care not to mash up dal too much.
- Garnish with coriander.