1 cup Masoor Dal
1 small Onion (sliced)
2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
1 Inch piece of Ginger
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin Seed
2 Garlic Cloves
3-1/2 cups Water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
How to make Masoor Dal
- Wash the dal properly and transfer it into a pressure cooker.
- Add water, salt, turmeric, ginger and garlic and cook till the second whistle.
- Release the pressure of cooker.
- Take oil in a frying pan and heat it. Add cumin and fry till it turns light brown.
- Now add onions and keep on stirring until onions become golden brown.
- Pour the fried masala into the cooked dal and heat on a low flame. Heat till the dal thickens slightly.
- Masoor Dal is ready.