2 cups Vermicelli
1 teaspoon Chana dal
1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 teaspoon Urad dal
2 Green chillies
2 teaspoon Cashewnuts
2 teaspoon Peanuts1 Onions
1/2 inch Ginger
2 tablespoon Ghee
1/4 cup Peas
4 1/2 cups Water
3 sprig Curry Leaves
3 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
How to make Vermicelli Upma
- Chop the onions, chillies, ginger, tomatoes , potatoes, carrots into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves. When they start to crackle , add peanuts and cashewnuts. Fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add potatoes, carrots and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add chillies, ginger , onions, peas and tomatoes.
- Cook until they are done.
- After that add salt and 41/2 cups of water, cover with a lid and let it boil .
- When the water comes to boil add vermecelli and simultaneously stir ( so that no lumps will be formed).
- Cover the upma with a lid for 5-6 minutes and then add 2tbsp of ghee and stir well.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.