2 cup sago (tapioca),
3-4 green chilies,
1 small piece ginger (optional),
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional),
2-3 teaspoon sugar,
1/2 cup peanut powder,
1 tbspoon oil,
Salt to taste,
2 teaspoon cumin seeds,
Coconut and coriander leaves for garnishing.
How to make Sabudana Khichdi
- Soak sago in water. Drain the water and keep it aside for half an hour to one hour (Depending on the quality, sometimes the sago needs to be soaked overnight in a little bit of water).
- Now add peanut powder, salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix.
- Cut green chilies into small pieces and grate ginger.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, potato pieces and chilies.
- As soon as potatoes are tender, add sago and stir.
- Cook uncovered for sometime and keep mixing so that sago will not stick to the bottom.
- Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves. Serve hot.